There are many factors involved in getting a quote, and we do our best to make it as easy as possible for you. Screen printing is a ‘measure twice, cut once’ kind of business, and the more information you can give us up front, the quicker we can get you an accurate price. Your quote will reflect a per-piece price to make the costs clear.
You can email us for a quote.
A list of the information we need is at the end of this page.
A few firm costs:
- Screens and Films
You’ll need one screen per ink color. Regular sized screens are $50, oversized screens are $60 (that includes outputting the films). We retain all screens, and will keep them on file for one year from your last order. This is a one-time set-up fee you won’t see again on reorders.
- Sales tax
We are an above board operation, and charge sales tax (currently 8.75% in San Francisco). If you have a CA resale number, or if we ship your order out of state, there is no sales tax added.
- Screens and Films
Shirt costs vary widely. In general mens cut/unisex shirts are less than womens cuts, and anything requiring more labor to make (a v-neck, for example) is always a little more. We work with every major brand, as well as a few you may not yet know. Please see our services page for a list of catalogs. We can source almost anything, so don’t hesitate to let us know what you want. We also work with several made in the US brands, union shops, and companies that use US grown cotton and organic cotton.
The cost of printing depends on the number of placements you have, the number of colors in your design, and whether it is dark ink on a light shirt or light ink on a dark shirt (the latter sometimes means an extra pull of the squeegee, an underbase, or a flash cure). We can print up to 6 colors on our press. Once you tell us about your design we can give you an exact price.
- We have a 36 shirt minimum for all orders, and no maximum.
- We have a two week turnaround time once the order is in (“in” meaning we have your artwork, shirt order, and a 50% deposit). Often we work a bit faster than that, and reorders tend to be done within a week. A note for folks on a deadline, this does not include shipping time. If you need something faster, let us know, and applicable rush fees will be added.
- We work with a basic contract, and require a 50% deposit to start the job, with the balance due at shipping, delivery or pick-up (the latter can be arranged if you are in or near the San Francisco Bay Area). We accept all major credit cards, paypal, checks (with an extra 7-day waiting period), and cash (in-person payments for cash only, please!).
- We ship using UPS ground (or very occasionally USPS), and shipping charges are exact, based on the weight and packaging of your items.
- Artwork must be at 300dpi or in a vector file. Preferred formats are .ai or pdf. Please send large files via hightail.com (we can arrange for that over email, as well, or provide a gmail account you can use).
- If you don’t have artwork and need our graphic design services, or if your artwork is not up to standard, we can help! We charge $100 per hour, with quarter hour increments. Often tweaks can be done in less than half an hour, and we will work with you for bigger jobs to make a fair, affordable, cost-effective arrangement.
We recognize that screen printing can feel a little confusing at first, so please be assured that no question or clarification is too small. We have worked with many ‘first timers’ (as well as experienced folks) and are happy to guide you through the process.
What to include in your email request for a quote:
Phone Number (optional)
Kind of garments (tee, tank, hoodie, pants, hats, etc.)
Color of garments (if you know)
Number of garments
Number of placements to be printed
Number of colors in your design(s)
Date you need them by
Please include as much information as you can, and if you are not sure that is fine, too.
Email us at email@example.com .